Thursday, June 11, 2009

Where have I been?

Hey,

Just wanted to let everyone know that I am back. I took a long vacation at the beach when school was out and then came home to get my wisdom teeth out. Thanks for all the concerns for my whereabouts.

I have a new card that I would like to share with you. I am in a monthly card swap and this month I did a baby card. Now let me give you the head's up because this is not your traditional baby card. I love the Cheep Talk stamp set and I wanted to use it. I hope you like it.
Paper: Tangerine Tango, Tempting Turquoise, Very Vanilla, So Saffron DSP.
Ink: Tangerine Tango, Tempting Turquoise, Kiwi Kiss.
Accessories: Circle Scissor, So Saffron 7/8" Polytwill Ribbon, Scallop Oval Punch, Large Oval Punch, Crystal Effects, YoYo Yellow Reinker.
My Circle Scissor just came in and I couldn't wait to play with it. It is great! I had so much fun. I know that I will definitely be using this alot.
I also tried a new technique today. I learned how to make Faux Dewdrops using crystal effects and reinkers. You can find the tutorial video on YouTube at this address http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKsihwMrpgU You can also see Michelle's blog at http://www.2stampis2b.com.
I will have another post for you tomorrow. I have been working on several projects and I have gotten a few surprises too!!
See ya tomorrow!!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Lorita, I'm so glad your back. Your Bloggin Star Sister missed you!This card is adorable. I'm not a big cutesy baby kind of person. I love the fact that you used a non-traditional set to make this card. Thanks so much for sharing. I look forward to learning so much from you!

A Touch of SOL said...

LOVE IT. I too love this set...It goes to show everyone how versatile our stamp sets are and you can mix and match stamp sets...I knew you were on a well deserved vaca...

Jenna Cotton said...

This a great non traditional baby card! I love these birds! Glad your back at it!