Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Thank You Note for TeacherAppreciation





Hey,
So after I finished up the purses last night, I started working on another Thank you card for the teachers to sign. Dominoes is catering their lunch today so this is a great way to express our gratitude for that. The school colors are yellow and black so I used So Saffron and Basic Black cardstock. The card is actually four cards put together to look like a book. I cut the 8 1/2 x 11 card in half and scored at 1". As I was trying to come up with ideas, I looked at a card that I had gotten from Suzanne Rhyne. She and I are in a group called SUDEMOONLY. She sent me a card for the April CCS and it was so pretty that I cased it. So thank you Suzanne. Then I went to all the blogs in my Bloggin Stars group. I am so glad that I did because I got ideas from a couple of them.
used the Just Buzzin By stamp in her post on the 28th of April. I love it and thought it would make a cute card.
used a retired set in her last post which got me to thinking about the set Inspired by Nature.
Correction: Inspired by Nature is NOT Retired. I am so glad. I was mistaken in my earlier post.
I like this set but just haven't used it enough.
Kelly
said that she was going to case a card that she had saved on her computer and that is exactly what I did. I got the original idea from SCS and I apologize for not remembering who it came from. If your are the originator of this card, please contact me so I can give you credit.
Thanks for looking and I hope you will come back. I still have two more days of Teacher Appreciation gifts to share with you.


7 comments:

Kelly said...

Lorita,
please stop making such great cards. At this rate I will never clear up any space on my computer!!!! :)

Peggy said...

Yes indeed, these a great cards.

Jenna Cotton said...

Awesome cards, i love the inspired by nature card!

Kate Cecil said...

I am sure the teachers really appreciate your hard work - the cards and gifts are so nice. I wish I worked at your school 8o]

Susan said...

What beautiful cards! I am sure the teachers will appreciate them!

A Touch of SOL said...

aren't you quite the busy bee. Thes are great gifts!

Debbie said...

Lorita -
Very nice card idea. You could turn card front samples into a card that way too.
Debbie

P.S. Inspired by Nature isn't retired - it's on the dormant list!