Sunday, April 26, 2009

Card Swaps


Here are a few more of the cards that I made for the card swaps that I have been participating in lately.
The first one is one that I did using the new 3D Pop Up Cake Die. I really love this card. I used the Crazy for Cupcakes stamp set. The base of the card is Chocolate Chip with a layer of Textured Pink Pirouette and Very Vanilla. The ink is Chocolate Chip, Riding Hood Red and Pink Pirouette. I used Pink Pirouette 5/8" Striped Grosgrain Ribbon to tie the balloons. When you open
this card, a wonderful surprise is in store for you. I used the Candy Lane DSP and Riding Hood Red cardstock for the cake. The flowers that decorate the 2nd layers were from the Trio Flower Punch and Very Vanilla cardstock. I also used a Silver Brad for the center of each flower.
This next card was for a Mother's Day swap. I used the Fifth Avenue Floral stamp set. I think this is my favorite set right now. I used Perfect
Plum, Pink Pirouette, Kiwi Kiss and
Whisper White cardstock. Kiwi Kiss ink was used on the flowers and Kiwi Kiss 5/8" Striped Grosgrain Ribbon was also used. (If you haven't figured out by now, Kiwi Kiss is probably my favorite color and I am going to miss it when it retires). On the inside of the card, I stamped Happy Mother's Day from the All Holidays set on Whisper White cardstock using Kiwi Kiss ink.
I hope you enjoyed this cards as much as I enjoyed making them.

1 comment:

A Touch of SOL said...

I have to buy the 3-D dies from SU...Love the cake one...